Saturday, July 7, 2007

Before Sunset

As requested by one of my friend....























If anyone would have told me a movie about two people discussing a past relationship for 80 minutes would hold my attention, before sunset would be the prove of it.
Before Sunset is a brilliant, romantic, deep-meaning-little film. The beauty of the movie rests in its simplicity and what all good movies rely on, great writing and great performances from the lead characters.

Celine is at home in Paris and after meeting up with Jesse for his booksigning (which take place at the Shakespeare and company bookstore right next to the notre dame).
hehehehe....(this is me,,,at the exact same place where they were standing)
Jesse has only a few hours in Paris before he must catch a flight back home. In the brief time they have together, Celine and Jesse talk without cease, wildly making up for lost time. They discuss their careers, their love lives, their youthful idealism, their adult lack of hope, the state of the world, and the painfully persistent question: what if?.
She takes him to a cafe for a chat, then a walk through a garden and eventually a boat ride down the Seine.
Conversation and confession chips away at their facades and they slowly drop their defenses and expose the regrets, frustrations and what might-have-beens that their meeting stirs up.

Let me sing you a waltz
Out of nowhere, out of my thoughts
Let me sing you a waltz
About this one night stand

You were for me that night
Everything I always dreamt of in life
But now you're gone
You are far gone
All the way to your island of rain

It was for you just a one night thing
But you were much more to me
Just so you know

I hear rumors about you
About all the bad things you do
But when we were together alone
You didn't seem like a player at all

I don't care what they say
I know what you meant for me that day
I just wanted another try
I just wanted another night
Even if it doesn't seem quite right
You meant for me much more
Than anyone I've met before

One single night with you little Jesse
Is worth a thousand with anybody

I have no bitterness, my sweet
I'll never forget this one night thing
Even tomorrow, another arms
My heart will stay yours until I die

Let me sing you a waltz
Out of nowhere, out of my blues
Let me sing you a waltz
About this lovely one night stand


No comments: